One of the most common questions people ask me is how they can reduce their impact in ways that are quick and easy, because their lives are already so hectic. This is really where I got started on my ethical journey and this blog, looking for simple solutions with long term impacts, and it turned out to be super easy to make some small swaps for big differences. If you live a zero waste lifestyle, you probably know what I mean.
So if you have friends and family who are looking to be a little more eco, why not use the holidays to help them on their journey by putting together a zero waste starter pack?
Here are ideas for some items you could include:
- the ultimate zero waste shopping bags
- a menstrual cup
- a safety razor
- bamboo toothbrushes, hairbrushes or make up brushes
- reusable lunch boxes or wax wraps
- reusable cutlery and straws
- a reusable water bottle or keep cup for coffee
- zero waste cleaning bottles and essential oils for recipes
- an alum bar for a non-toxic, zero waste deodorant choice
- loose leaf tea and a strainer (yep, teabags aren’t always as green as they seem)
- mason jars, the ultimate handy tool for storing bulk buys
The beauty of a gift like this is that you can essentially cater it to the person you’re giving it to. You can take some items from this list, you can make things to add (there’s many handy recipes across ethical advent ;]) and you can get the things that you know will actually be the most helpful to them and their everyday lives. As long as you give the gift with the spirit of being helpful and resourcing them, not judging their current lifestyle choices, then you’ve got a nifty and crazy helpful gift.
Until tomorrow, stay magic y’all.