I love using homemade moisturiser because, despite looking luxurious, it’s deceptively easy to make. It’s a good gift to give away, but also nice to just make for yourself too. Conventional moisturisers normally come in a bunch of unnecessary plastic packaging and can often contain harmful chemicals such as carcinogens, endocrine disruptors and parabens. Ick. And all to prevent dry skin? There are much easier ways, so why not make this natural, non-toxic alternative instead? I’ve used rose essential oil here which is especially good for moisturising dry skin, but feel free to switch it out for something different.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 20 drops rose essential oil
- whisk (if you can, use electric)
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter and almond oil in a double boiler
- take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature
- add essential oil
- start whipping until you reach a whipped cream consistency
- decant into your jar
Literally that’s it! It seems crazy that I used to pay so much for something that can actually be made so easily. Store in a cool place to help it last as long as possible, and enjoy!
Until tomorrow, stay magic y’all.