When it gets to this time of year the weather can really give our skin a hard time. With harsh winds, pollution, air conditioning and a climate that can go from very dry to very wet quickly, it’s tough. Add that to short days and cold temperatures and we can feel a little frazzled mentally and physically. Bath melts are a perfect solution, for gifts to others or ourselves, as they help us unwind and rejuvenate. They’re basically little blocks made up of body butters and essential oils, to help keep us calm and cared for this winter. They’re so easy to make in bulk, and such a nice gift to give away. My recipe is for lavender and rosemary, both of which are good for reducing stress and aiding sleep, but you could easily switch these for any combination or scent you prefer, for example rose or chamomile.
Check out my recipe below for some seriously easy and affordable pamper gifting:
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 1 teaspoon grated soy wax
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- handful of lavender
- handful of rosemary
- 20 drops essential oil (I did 10 lavender, 10 rosemary)
- small moulds
- Melt the butters and wax in a double boiler, until wax is completely melted
- Add jojoba oil, lavender, rosemary and essential oils to the mix. Add the essential oils slowly, adjusting as needed to your preference, and mix well
- Pour the mixture into your moulds
- Leave to cool in room temperature, unless you’re in a hot climate, then pop them in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Pop them out and store in any container you like!
To use them, just throw one in with your bath. It will melt in the warm water, allowing you to soak up all the goodness.
Until tomorrow, stay magic y’all.