Happy Saturday folks. As the chilly weather persists here in London I thought I’d pop a quick natural beauty DIY online today. This kind of cold, windy weather makes my skin feel a little worse for wear, below is a recipe for some bars that you can use at night on your face to bring a bit of that moisture back. The oils in these bars are quite heavy, so I recommend putting them on before bed so they have time to sink in, and maybe these aren’t for you if your skin is crazy oily. But for me, they work a treat.
– 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon wax (soy if vegan, beeswax if preferred)
– 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
– 1 teaspoon castor oil
– 5 drops rose essential oil
– Melt the coconut oil and wax together in a bain marie
– Remove from the heat and add the castor oil, vitamin E oil and essential oil. Mix until well combined
– Pour the mixtures into any small mould you like, pop in the fridge for 15 minutes until they’re set, then pop into any container. They’ll stay solid at room temperature (unless you live somewhere super hot – then keep in the fridge).
And enjoy! To apply simply hold one in your hand to warm it up a little before rubbing it over the face and neck area. Easy peasy.
Until next time, stay magic y’all.