Ah nutella, the yummiest treat in town. The only problem is that it’s kinda unhealthy and also contains palm oil (eek). What if I told you you could make something that’s just as good, costs barely anything to make and is way better for you? Oh and, it makes a pretty nifty gift too. My homemade nutella only requires three basic ingredients, and it’s so quick! I’ve got batches of this stuff ready to go for christmas this year. Here’s how I make it:
Ingredients for 1 jar
– 1 cup raw soaked or roasted hazelnuts
– 1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder (or cacao)
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– splash of water
– Blend hazelnuts in food processor for a good while, around 10 minutes. With enough time blending they will turn into liquid hazelnut butter.
– Add cocoa powder and maple syrup and blend for 1 minute.
– Add splash of water and blend for another minute. Add more water if mixture is too solid until desired consistency is reached.
– Add more maple syrup to taste if not sweet enough for you.
– Add a few drops of vanilla essence for an extra layer of flavour
– Add a splash of plant milk of your choice (I would suggest almond) for added creaminess
That’s all there is to it. When it’s this quick, easy and cheap why would you bother going for store bought ever again?! I promise you this actually tastes amazing, my highly skeptical boyfriend even liked it! Give it as a homemade treat to a chocaholic you love this Christmas.
Until next time, stay magic y’all.