Are you loving the easy DIY’s I’m throwing your way this December? Well here’s another one! This lip balm has three basic ingredients and is SO easy to make, as well as being super handy for the winter months. Do you know someone who always has a pot of vaseline with them? Vaseline is a by product of the petroleum industry, so very much not eco-friendly or ethical, and actually suffocates pores and dries out the skin. Help your friends kick the habit of putting petroleum on their face (seriously, it’s gross) with this wholesome, natural alternative instead. And you’ll get brownie points because no one thinks it’ll be easy to make lip balm, so naturally everyone will think you’re a DIY whizz kid.
Now this recipe does require wax, which can make people freak out, but not to worry. If you can’t find wax locally, you can get it on Amazon for as cheap as £3, so all is not lost.
– 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
– 2 Tablespoons Wax (bees wax if you prefer, soy for a vegan option)
– 1 Teaspoon Essential oil of your choice (I went with rose)
– *Optional Extra* Vanilla Bean Pod
– Grate your wax into a bowl and then add your oils. Heat ingredients over a bain marie until fully melted. If adding vanilla, cut the bean down the middle and scrape the seeds into the mixture as it heats up.
– Pour into small containers and allow to cool and set, about 5 minutes.
That is it. Can you believe how ridiculously simple this is? But think how fancy and amazing people will think you are because you made them lip balm for Christmas by hand. Brownie points – 100. Effort – barely any. And you get the added benefit of steering your friends away from nasty petroleum. I bet once they try this, they’ll never go back.
Until next time, stay magic y’all.